There is lots of support to help you back to work. Find out what service can help you the best.
Opening a bank account
If you don't have a bank account, there are more and more reasons why you may want to open one:
- Universal Credit requires a bank account for you to receive payments
- Most employers now insist on paying wages into a bank account
- You can save money by paying your bills automatically using Direct Debits from your bank account
- Some benefits (like Housing Benefit) can not be paid into a Post Office Card Account
- You can receive payments faster if they are going directly into a bank account, rather than a post office account
- Most bank accounts offer online access to manage your money on a daily basis
Please read the following leaflets for further information on opening a bank account.
Request to open a basic bank account
Opening a bank account leaflet
If you need any help or advice you are welcome to visit the Advice Hub and speak to one of our friendly advisors.