There is lots of support to help you back to work. Find out what service can help you the best.
Search the Advice Hub pages
Universal Credit LeafletsAdvance Factsheet Budgeting Factsheet Checklist Into Work Online November 2015 Leaflet Sanction Factsheet
Opening a bank account
If you don't have a bank account, there are more and more reasons why you may want to open one:
- Universal Credit requires a bank account for you to receive payments
- Most employers now insist on paying wages into a bank account
- You can save money by paying your bills automatically using Direct Debits from your bank account
- Some benefits (like Housing Benefit) can not be paid into a Post Office Card Account
- You can receive payments faster if they are going directly into a bank account, rather than a post office account
- Most bank accounts offer online access to manage your money on a daily basis
Please read the following leaflets for further information on opening a bank account.
Request to open a basic bank account
Opening a bank account leaflet
If you need any help or advice you are welcome to visit the Advice Hub and speak to one of our friendly advisors.
Cardiff Money Advice team can help you to create a budget; you can drop into the Hub which is located on the second floor of Central Library Hub.
Monday 09:00 - 18:00
Tuesday 09:00 - 18:00
Wednesday 09:00 - 18:00
Thursday 10:00 - 19:00
Friday 09:00 - 18:00
Telephone: 029 2087 1000
You can also find more information on the Money Advice Service website.